Breast pain and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Each month I experience Breast pain and tenderness and each month I convince myself that I have Breast cancer. As my period finishes, the symptoms are over. I went to Breast clinic three times in the past year and had a scam and mamo last year. I can't shake the worries off.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daisy,

Except for being late feeding babies I'd never had painful breasts.

All that changed when I was in peri and they felt heavy and painful with every period. After meno I've been left with the heavy a good cup size bigger but the pain stopped with my periods.

• Posted

Hi daisy im exactly like you. Breast pain gets unbearable at times! I had mammo's and scans but all well. Sometimes its eyewateringlybpainful but eases after a period. I have missed 2 periods now though and breast pain has gone. Doc says the glands in my right breast are bigger than the left but ghis is normal for peri.

I got so paranoid about breast issues too but as ling as you grt it checked it does give you peace of mind. I always check myself so if anything comes up i go back yo docs immedistely.

Anxiety is a huge part of my peri symptoms and is sometimes so over powering I struggle at work!

I have mold heart palps atm which scare me sometimes but have had ecg and doc says its normal for peri ladies.

Im sure your beast pain will ease as you ho thtough this challenging stage of life but it does not hurt to be breast aware (which you are) and check with the doc with any concerns.

Take care hunni -we are all here supporting you through this xxxx

• Posted

This is normal - poor you Daisy.  I've had it to the point evening brushing against them is agony or if they get knocked.  And moving in bed - they seem to swell enormously.  Be re-assured by the mamo's - I've had them too and checked by the doctor.  It's all hormonal - that's all it is so don't worry
  • Edited

Thank you ladies for reassurance. The think is, my breasts are quite "lumpy" and so that makes the examination difficult. I also suffer with joint pain and so often my shoulder my hurt, my arm, when I have Breast pain I can then convince these two might be related.... It's just frustrating and exhausting having to calm my anxiety all the time
    • Edited

I think it's ok daisy,

My arm and shoulder hurt too but now getting the same thing in the other one.

The lack of estrogen causes it and although I'm on HRT it hasn't made the shoulder pain any better.

I'm often poking around under my arms and when I do it hurts and I worry but having read that loads of other women suffer with the same thing at this time we can't all have breast cancer.

I've never had a mammo the thought gives me the creeps.

• Posted

Hi Zigangie, my husband often reminds me that I had all these symptoms before and so it's unlikely that this time they would be caused by cancer, however the anxiety kicks in before I can rationally think it through. I too keep poking myself all the time, trying to check all feels 'normal'. It's probably not healthy. That's why forum like this helps for people to feel they are not on their own and tgey are not going crazy. Thank you for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.