Breast pain but no lumps in my breast

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm going 49yrs old thru peri menopause and lately I've been having breast pain it gives me pain in my arms as well as my chest. I check my breast regularly and can't feel any lumps or any other changes in my breasts, the pain is mostly in the left one. I also get painful joints since starting perimenopause. I went to see my family doctor and he checked my breast and tells me there's nothing to worry about. I ask him if I needed a mamogram he said no...I don't know if I should get a second opinion?  No one in my family has ever had breast cancer

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am also getting pain in my left breast, I am 35 years old, drs can't seem to feel anything either, and no one has suggested doing any further testing, what sort of oain are you experienceing x
    • Posted

Hi Dee

the pain comes and goes, some days I am pain free. The pain is dull and more inside my breast and goes to my arms and wrist as well. It's more the left side breast. I don't know if it's in my rib cage. Doctor checked my breast last week says he can't feel anything? I check my breast every week when I'm in the shower to feel for anything unusual. I don't know,if it's the menopause as my hormones are really messing me up..

• Posted

I thought I felt something soft and squishy but painful on pressing, but when I went to drs she felt around and said nothing untowards, but then why the pain, my pain is mainly on touching the breast or if I knock against it accidentally x
    • Posted

but like you mine comes and goes. 
    • Posted

My pain comes and goes too, so I don't think it's something serious. My breasts looks fine, I feel the pain when I press on it to feel for lumps but can't find anything. I feel the glands which are normal but painful when I press on it.. I guess the more we think about it the more we think it's pain.  
    • Posted

sounds very similar, when I press around to feel that is when i feel pain, usually mines is near the center and close to nipple 
    • Posted

Mine is the same, when I press around the centre and near the nipples I can feel the glands and it's painful. When I'm not touching it it's fine. I guess it's mostly In the mind??? My doctor checked my breasts and he says he can't feel anything unusual. The pain sometimes radiates in my shoulders too...
    • Posted

Sorry that you seem to have the same problem, but kind of nice to know that I am not the only one and not crazy, no b/c in my family either so that it a good thing, are you planning on going back to the doctors 
    • Posted

I am planning to see a lady doctor for an ultrasound next week. But I'm not confirmed this yet as the pain seems to come and goes. As I'm typing now I don't have any pain whatsoever. But at times it goes from breast to my arm or shoulders.  Sometimes I think it's just something in my mind as one of my friend who's 52 is having treatment for Brest cancer and I was shocked when she told me about it a few weeks ago...I had a similar kind of pain 3 yrs ago and after some months it went away on it's own...
    • Posted

I do hope that you will let me know how you get on if you have scan, I don't have apin in arm or shoulder, hopefully we will both get to the bottom of it x
    • Posted

I will let u know how it goes if I go for the scan....just take it easy and don't think about the pain too much... Take care.

• Posted

Hiya

yes I went to see the doctors, she examined my breasts and told me it's nerve pain and nothing with my breasts. There are no lumps or swelling. The pain has gone now. 

So how r u?

• Posted

so happy yours has gone, mine seems to be less but still there if i lean or press on it, going drs again next week with my partner x
  • Posted

hi I know you haven't posted in a while but just wanted a little advice,

iam 25 I went to the doctors on the 12th of January because my left breast was tender. I made my self so ill thinking about it I couldn't concentrate in work at all she examined it and said that its all normal and she wasn't worried at all. I had my period coming around that time she told me to wait and see what it is like, my period has been and gone my breast is a lot softer now and it's not sore only when I push in near my nipple it's a sharp pain. I can lie on it as I for a massage and sometime sleep on it, I am making my self sick with worry everyday I think about it when I have a free minute and always touch it and look at it, it doesn't help that I have health anxiety too

• Posted

Hi Hun sorry you seem similar I tried evening primrose tablets only took two then stopped but mine has gone now lasted a few weeks I think over thinking about it made things worse x
    • Posted

Hi

Thanks for replying seen this post and thought mines related to you two, i need to stop touching it because it will make it worse, it has been nearly 4 weeks but yesterday morning I felt them and was happy as it wasn't sore then a while later it was sore, I just worry every day and doesn't help that I have anxiety x

• Posted

I'm having same pain as both of you

I have pain in the aerial area . Sometimes it's painful and sometime is not . I went to see the dr today and she said it's because of hormones changes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.