Breast pain for months in left breast

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I don’t really know where to start so here goes a few months back I suffered a bad panic attack witch scared the life out off me I had ecg chest X-ray  bloods all clear then I felt ill found out i had low b12 and had to take iron tablets folic acid then I found several lumps in my left breast for quite some time so I was referred to clinic they found nothing so they put it down to anxietythis i take tablets for.. my question is I still have constant pain in my left breast some times it feel heavy shooting pains and a ache then goes in to the top off my back is this caused by anxiety as I’m worry myself so much I have it everyday some days it worse then others my doctor has examined my breast 3 times and said it could also be hormones but I’ve never had this before even before a period and after I have the pain could anyone help me or suggest anything they may help me Thankyou I’ve also recently found out I have nodules on my thyroid and have appointment for a needle biopsy next week is my body telling me I’m worrying and stressing to much x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What you're experiencing and feeling is most likely caused by anxiety. People don't realize that anxiety can wreak havoc on your body and manifest itself in physical pain. 

I had a similar experience with pain in my underarm. I had several tests done. They did find a small nodule, which they biopsied and found to be benign. I didn't believe it was all anxiety because I felt physical pain. After doing a lot of research, I began to realize that it could be anxiety. I saw a myofascial release therapist who told me that my muscles were incredibly tight due to stress and anxiety.

After working with her to relax my muscles and after I stopped worrying about serious diseases, all my physical pain and problems went away. Now I can feel them flare up when I'm stressed. So I focus on meditation, massage, deep breathing, and calming myself. 

• Posted

That’s what I believe that it isn’t anxiety it’s anazing how it can take over your body and life like it does it’s scary some days I’m fine and others I’m worse 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.