Breast soreness/tenderness

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 5 days or so, both my breasts have been very sore/tender when touched. It's mostly on the outsides. I am 22, my period isn't due for 17 more days, never had sex so it's not pregnancy, and ibuprofen hasn't helped. I'm getting worried

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention I have been on BC for 5 years for PCOS.

• Posted

its most Likely the ibuprofen ibuprofen makes my breast tender all the time.

• Posted

My breasts get painful twice a month, when I ovulate and before my period. ibuprofen won't help but high dosage oil of evening primrose is supposed to help. If you are taking the birth control pill that can give you breast tenderness too. I have just heard of something else that is supposed to help called agnus cactus, you can get it from health food shops, but you may not be able to take it when you are on the pill as it may have an interaction.

• Posted

Its mid cycle breast tenderness. Try taking Evening Primrose oil capsules...one a day all the time,not just when the breasts are tender. They help a lot.Recommended by my gynaecologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.