Breastbone pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone get pain in the breastbone area. the pain has moved lower down. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi Shelly! i get breastbone and rib pain every single day...bras are becoming my enemy ..the last two years , sports bras only...i have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis throughout this body . have had more heart checks than i can count and thank God they've been all ok... Advil in large doses and corn bags are my only reprieve...thinking of you..hang in!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I really thought things had improved but the pain has moved and is more intense. i also have osteoarthritis. Hope things are good with you

• Posted

a corn bag is like a bean bag filled w corn to warm in microwave and put on area of pain...they r awesome!

• Posted

Do you get indigestion or acid reflux?

• Posted

I think it could be, I just had an endoscopy a few days ago, I also have a hiatus hernia, oesophagitis and gastritis. I stopped taking my ppi tablets for a bit before and after the endoscopy behind my breast bone really hurt. I am taking ppi tablets again and the pain is dying down. Are you taking any ppis or any other antacids? If not, maybe try taking them and see if it helps. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and any acidic foods for a bit and see if that makes a difference.

• Posted

HI. yes im on ppi i only have decaf and try anything spicy. i do have the off glass of wine. i guess its knowing what to blame the hernia or the costo . Before all this started about a year and a half ago i was a fit active runner i feel my whole life has been put on hold. Thank you for your reply

• Posted

Do you take ibuprofen or any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication for the pain? If you do and it gets better it is probably the costo, but if you have and it gets worse it is probably reflux. But if you do take anything like that make sure you have had your ppi tablet already that day.

• Posted

I think it could be a bit of both on reflection. Just scares me half to death. Thank you

• Posted

Hi, I get sternum pain but I've been checked out and it doesn't seem to be GERD or heart probs so I think it must be costo. I was also a runner. Yesterday I managed to go for a 3km run after 2 months of not running and my sternum was sore. I get pain mostly in my upper back between my shoulder blades. I find wearing a bra uncomfortable. It scares me too as the pain is chronic but all tests haven't shown anything sinister. I'm going for an ultrasound to check my abdomen this week. I'm going to run out of tests soon but the pain persists!

• Posted

Hi. I also get pain between my shoulder blades. I would love to go back to my running iv'e just started power walking trying to get some weight off didnt have to worry about my weight when i ran. I was training for my second marathon when i was struck down with this awful thing. Best wishes and thank you for your reply. Can i just ask what is your heart rate like when you go running

• Posted

It's rubbish not being able to exercise isn't it? Before this I enjoyed running, swimming and spinning. Two months of rest hasn't taken the pain away so I'm hoping I can go back to gentle versions of these activities. Not good for your mental health to be sedentary. I don't have a heart rate device to check my rate. Maybe you should try some gentle running and see how you get on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.