Breastfeeding and Pregnancy Helps Endometriosis Pain Management

Posted , 2 users are following.

According to the study by Harvard Medical School researchers that breastfeeding mothers are less likely to develop endometriosis and the longer the duration of exclusive breastfeeding, the greater the decrease in risk of endometriosis.Pregnancy cause a pseudo-suppressed state as far as steroid hormone production. This is the same idea as birth control pills or progestins,which cause suppression as well. With menstruation suppressed, the growth of endometrial implants is inhibited,then the pain will be reduced accordingly too.

In the mid-1920s, Pregnancy as a natural cure for endometriosis, but case reports are often unusual findings and don’t necessarily reflect what happens to most people, owing to lack of evidence, this treatment is still myth.

Yet, now this theory is re-presented and being studied, and i belive,later there will be more and more updated news about this theory,so let's stay tuned patiently.

By far, the popular endometriosis pain treatment available in the marketplace are

Hormonal therapy (birth control pill)

Painkiller (aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)

laparoscopy 

Hysterectomy 

herbs fuyan pill (natural safe treatment without any side effects)

excerise  (yoga,dance)

diet control  (No spicy foods,no alcohol,coffee...)

Acupuncture

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've known this theory since I was diagnosed in '81 because, gosh, Harvard, American doctors back then knew it. No disrespect to anyone but I fought d&=n hard to escape a rural Texas area where girls were expected to be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen all the time. My mom, too, paid a heavy price to get me out of there. So thanks but no thanks: if I could do it again I'd still have an abortion followed by BCP followed by rampant endo then a total hysterectomy at 27, rather than the 8 births, 2 stillborn twins, in 10 years like my oldest sister, with kids fighting to suck my breasts dry til they're 30 and I'm in menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.