Breasts ( areola) rash - perimenopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anybody get painful areola rash - looks like dark painful spots ,  on and off, appear for weeks, than go and appear again?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Polly..

no hun, not had that .... had almost 9 years of peri, only experienced the usual tenderness at times... I would go and explain this to your Doc hun and ask what it is, maybe Doc can give you something to help, and check it for you .. good luck hun

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay, thanks for your reply.

I've already seen my gp, she doesnt have a clue, they dont refer anywhere nowdays as  all referrals come out of gp clinic's budget

• Posted

Polly... oh thats disgusting... 

I am from UK but live in Spain now, so pay for health here, but its good and not that expensive...

if your worried check Bupa for a private appt, you can contact them online and they will no doubt advise you... 

things like this shouldnt be dimissed, I worked at hospitals, when I was at UK and you should complain and ask for a second opinion, see another doc... or.... go to A&E and tell them, your concerned and been ignored.

cant be ignored... your Doc is not doing her job properly... she wants reporting ...  you may need some special cream or antibiotic and certainly a check ... blimey I cant believe it... Jay xx

• Posted

I agree you should go back and ask for a second opion, especially as your gp doesn't have a clue.  Ask for a referral to a dermatologist or someone else who can help.  All skin changes should be investigated until you get an answer.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.