Breath test

Posted , 5 users are following.

My consultant has booked me in for a breath test to see if there is any infections, has anyone had one and should I be worried?

Thanks Twiglet12

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Never had a breath test. They check infection by a blood test usually.  I would rather have had a breath test.
  • Posted

Hi thanks for the comments, the test that I am having is a Hydrogen breath test on Thursday 18 February 2016, the appointment can take up to 4 hours, I will let you know how I get on. Thanks Twiglet12
  • Posted

I have no idea why my post was removed as only mentioned the breath test can be for testing on small intestinal bacteria overgrowth. Oh well. Anyway good luck with you test and hope it gives you the results you want and a way forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.