breathing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does any one suffer with shortness of breath the whole time like when your eating it's like your gasping for air ???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This does happen when I'm anxious sometimes. What I've found is that I'm actually holding me breath without realising it. Slowing down and counting breaths can help
    • Posted

Yeah that's it hold in my breath automatically . How do I undo it x
    • Posted

There's no quick way to undo anxiety, really you need to talk to a therapist to help get to the root of anxiety to resolve it if you want to be in control of it
    • Posted

Yeah I'm having c b t at present but it is just so powerful at times I'm like a prisoner in my own body 
    • Posted

I know how you feel!

Iv felt like this for over 2 years now and feels like it's getting worse.

Iv had 4 spirometry test snd 2 X-rays with everything bring normal 

Anxiety seems to be a powerful condition

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.