Breathing

Posted , 4 users are following.

1st I have to say I can’t believe how common this procedure is and that it seems no one tells you what to do after the surgery. I had the same issues.

My ? Is I had an aortic dissection December 1,2017. I’m still having terrible shortness of breath. My cardiologist sent me to a Gastro Dr, I was still complaining of tightness in the middle of my chest and being out of breath. This was in June. I wound up being sent to emergency at NYU in New York by both Drs. They gave me all the heart tests again, with the dye, treadmill but done sitting in a chair, sonogram etc. The conclusion was my heart, arteries, aorta all were fine. I was told I’m out of shape . I’m trying to do some exercise but I find myself in the same situation. It’s 9 months since the surgery. I asked the surgeon originally if I needed rehab, I was told no. Is anyone else going through the same? I get partially down the street, my chest doesn’t hurt, heart not beating fast but completely out of breath. I have to stop. Sometimes even my upper arms hurt after washing my hair. My shrink thinks I need pulmonary rehabilitation. Is it just me without enough exercise?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not an expert and I haven't experienced what you have, but if you're experiencing shortness of breath and no heart health related issues, maybe it's a respiratory issue? Maybe you should see a respiratory therapist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.