Breathing difficulties

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone could give me some help.. i am 22 male. I have been suffering from breathing difficulties like shortness of breath and not being able to get a full breath and just feeling like i cant breath properly, aswell as chest discomfort and pains and many other symptoms for over a year. I have had numerous testing done like bloods and xrays, ecg, stress test, ct scans and lung function tests but they all return normal.. any ideas? Thanks everyone any help would be great!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had similar issues, albeit not all but I was feeling chest discomfort and the feeling of not getting a full breath.

After an xray and blood tests, my doctor put it down to anxiety and a change of season.

I was prescribed urbanol and an inhaler, and I must say things have improved.

All the best.

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply, yeh doctors have put mine down to anxiety aswell.. have tried inhalers and they didnt really work. Have been on cymbalta meds for 2 weeks now but they can take up to 6 weeks to start working so hopefully they may help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.