Breathing difficulties

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, had several bilateral PEs 2017, went onto develop Pulmonary Necrosis. Had strange day yesterday, it was like there simply wasn't enough air! Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure f I should be heading back to the docs, but their attitude seems to be damage done live with it! 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I've had several PEs, last 9/17 and yes I experience bouts of not being able to breath. No idea why, I try not to panic, sit and relax and check my pulse oxygen levels, I bought one for myself. If the level is above 90 I stop worrying and it passes. Keeps me out of the emergency room. Its never been below 94. I've thought of trying to find a reason, but feel after numerous tests there would be no answer anyway

• Posted

I'm just curious, that's all, I'm not fussed by the SPoZ  Oxygen levels, but 94 is getting on the low side, apart from the PE's have you any other health issues for it to be on the low side ? Doctors panic a bit more when oxygen drops past 89.

• Posted

Hi Kathy thank you for replying, think I will invest in a oxygen meter that way I can make an informed decision if I need help or just sit it out.

keep well.

• Posted

Good idea, has your asthma been acting up ? my oxygen levels are always on the low side now since I had the PE's as well but not enough to concern doctors, I have been given the all clear for any embolis in lungs and cleared of any DVT's , however, I have been told I have to stay on blood thinners for life. it took me a good 12 months to get where I am today, I often get short of breath but that is caused by my angina, I thought that's what it was originally, just my angina worsening but tests told a different story.

• Posted

I had bilateral multiple emboli a year ago which needed to be thrombolysed and I still suffer ongoing symptoms from time to time but if you are worried you should go back to gp x 
    • Posted

thanks for replying Carrie, I will wait until Tues if still the same I'll go see someone.

keep well.

• Posted

Hi Jacqui,

Short answer is “yes”.

I had my PEs in late 2015 and have had occasions when it feels like there is not enough air. In fact, in the months leading up to the PEs I also had them.

The incidence has got less with time and they generally occur in either hot or humid weather.

HTH

Peter

p.s. breathing deeper or more rapidly doesn’t seem to make much difference.

• Posted

Hi Peter thanks for your reply, I live in Scotland s don't have to worry too much about heat lol. However, I have checked the weather forecast over the last few days and t has been high humidity!  I do agree no matter how I change my breathing doesn't help.

keep well.

• Posted

Hi peter,

?High humidity or hot weather effects everyone with breathing, but as you know it's a nightmare for anyone suffering any kind of lung condition.

• Posted

That’s interesting because with the hot weather my shortness of breath is much worse but wasn’t sure if it was the hayfever that was causing it 
    • Posted

Smokers find it hard to breathe in hot , high humidity, I don't suffer asthma to know, but here in Australia if it's going to be extremely hot, or smokey  from bushfires they put out an alert on local news warning asthmatics and other lung conditions. They do the same in extreme cold weather, put a warning out at the beginning of winter, for asthmatics to be vigilant about their condition during colder months. I have heard hayfever can cause breathing difficulties.

• Posted

Thanks Samuel for your response. My gp has put me back on my inhaler and it is helping a lot 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.