Breathing / Heart issues... Is there something wrong?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I'm a sixteen years old female. For the past month, I've been feeling dizzy/lightheaded. The feeling of dizziness gets worse when I stand, walk, basically whenever I move. I haven't fainted yet. On top of that, I've been having trouble getting air in. I can't take long breaths, whenever I try I just feel even more dizzy. Also, my heart randomly starts beating really fast when I do simple things. For example, I'm having trouble talking, it just makes me out of breath. I also have some chest pain sometimes (there isn't a specific time) that seems to spread to my arm, shoulder and neck (on the left side). 

As I said, I've been feeling that way for almost a month. Whenever I walk, I have to hold something, otherwise I feel like fainting.  I'm also tired, but not more than usual. I'm healthy even though I am slightly underweight (110 lbs for 5 feet 6 inches). I do not practice any competitive sport right now, but I enjoy working out and going out for a run. I have a little asthma, but nothing serious. My family doesn't have any important health issues.

I know there isn't any doctors here, but I hope I can get an idea of if I should seek medical attention or not. Anyone has an idea of what I could possibly have? 

Thanks. Xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hallo Callie.   Just wondering if you have heavy periods?  That could be making you anaemic.   
    • Posted

Hi! My period flow is actually very light. My mom and sister have anemia, so I got a blood test to check if I was anemic and I am not! Thanks for your reply tho smile
  • Posted

For a start go to your regular Dr, and take this note with you, its a good explanation of what is happening, and how you feel.  ECG would be a good idea I think.

​Can you make the fast heartbeats occur, or are they random, and how long do they last when you have a run of fast heartbeats, if more than say 15 mins, I would be ringing for an ambulance, hope you have ambulance cover, and or get yourself with help to emergency dept.

Have you recently had a virus, that could be a factor.

• Posted

If blood pressure is low when one feels dizzy while getting up.  It does not appear to be in your case as you have some other problems too. Being young, there should not be a serious problem for you. However you must consult a Doc and then on his advice you may have to consult a Cardiologist. They can advise you better. Cardiology have test called TILT in which BP and heart rate are examined. In that problem, increased heart beat, low BP and also fainting etc are felt. However I repeat again that your issue appears easily curable. Consulting a Doc may therefore be considered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.