Breathing problem almost all day

Posted , 3 users are following.

So today has been prettty crazy for me. I wake up and get to school. In the middle of class instart to get this lump in my throat so I just try to maintain myself while sitting in class but then it gets unbearable like I start to feel like I can't breathe properly like the feelings vary from a suffocating feeling to exhaling too much air and this has been going on for like 5 hours on and off and I cried In between these episodes because I just can't handle this and so sick and tired. Someone please help and give me advice. I know most ppl on here are more toward medication but I'd to handle this naturally please so any natural advice that works would be nice. Thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Woah,

I don't do meds, but doctors can check for things like iron deficencies and other imbalancesand ythey can give you scripts but you don't have to take them. 

Here's what I do.

I do some yoga till I am tired, then sit on a comfy chair, relaxed and close my eye. Deep breath in, exhale out with a soft humm, repeat as many times as needed until you are feeling still and quiet. sit in that feeling, if you start to think again repete the deep breath in, enhale hum.

I also like a cup of herbal tea and make my dog get in my lap and i love on her.  Sometimes I take hot baths, sometimes i just pay attention to the feeling of the panic, i don't jusge them, just notice what they feel like withoyt thinking about them. I used to watch the clock second had as it went a round.  it got my mind elsewhere. Mostly I try to notice other things, like what colors in in the chair, or touch the leaves on a tree . . . you know smile

hope it helps

D

• Posted

Wow your advice seems like the ultimate calming technique lol I'll give it a try. Thank you so much

• Posted

thank you for trying them, i wish every would. It is not as easy as a pill, but i like no addiction/side effects, possibilities.  If you can find one in your area, look up trauma sencitive yoga. that;s how i got into yoga and meditation. best to you,
  • Posted

I got you fam haha its happened to me at school with a panic attack couple of days ago, iv been getting them lately after i smoked w with my mates and watching the new walking dead episode lol thats why i found this site cuz id freakout thinking i was the only one lol sometimes i cant breathe cuz sometimes i feel like my shirt is chocking my and i just pull my shirt collar down, if you wear a tight collared shirt thats maybe why but what i found out is how to breathe correctly when you can't, your probably taking deep breaths but forgetting to exhale, look up how to breathe from your stomach on youtube or something-helps you get back in rhythm with your breathing if you feel like you cant breathe, iv been feeling sick and tired as well and i go to school i feel your pain bud, just breathe probably from your stomach when it happens and try getting more vitamins and maybe try a different diet as well, all day today iv been super tired like actually tired, i ate a bunch of sushi and it went away and i feel better now after watching a breathing exercise, you may have anxiety which is what i guess i have lol maybe your worrying about a lot then you worry about something bad then you cant breathe and worry about not breathing (what happens to me) just practise breathing techniques change your diet maybe and occupy yourself more so you domt think to much about everything, goodluck hope this helps!😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.