Breathing problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering with breathing problems since October 2017 and its not as bad as it was but its slow and weak breathing I had blood tests ecg and chest x-ray done all fine had a test for thyroid as well came back normal just wondering does anyone else experience this

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Nikkijlr,  how old are you? do you smoke. could be COPD, or asthma, bronchitis, It seems a dr. is running tests on you. an x-ray is good but have you have the spirometry test? where you inhale and blow real hard into this thing' and it tells them how good/bad your lungs are. sounds to me like thats what you need.  oh, im sorry, how dumb of me, i forgot...your heart.  being short of breath is a symptom of some heart problems. SO. 1. i would ask for a spirometry test. (test for lung volume)  2. I would see a cardiologist to see which test comes after an ekg,  an echo or a sonagram, stress test, etc. I hope ive helped. good luch to you.   oh and if you smoke, please quit. i didnt and now i have COPD and its not easy living this way.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I'm 31 years old and I had something in the hospital that I had to blow in and the nurse was happy with it. I do smoke I had asthma as a child I'm waiting on a appointment for a 24hr ecg and an echocardiogram the doctor in the hospital done all sorts of tests strength, coordination etc. Hopefully il get some answers from the echo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.