Breathing problems on candersartan

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone have any sort of tight chest, and difficulty in breathing as i am on 16mg of candesartan and i am a bit concerned if this is my chest or the candesartan problem.

Very short of breath after just walking .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi, Yes, if you look back there are several discussions of ARBs, i reported 'tight chest and breathing difficulties' (as well as other problems including gut ones 13 months ago), i had to stop Losartan, a similar ARB to Candesartan, it was suggested that the breathing difficulties too serious to try another ARB, i stopped and that problem went over the next weeks. It may be one of the side effects on the leaflets, i cant recall.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, yes its got to be the medication, i have no other symptons, maybe feel a little tired now and again, but that i can cope with , but not been able to breath in the fresh air i can not cope with so i will see how it goes.

• Posted

I've been taking 24 mg Candersartan for a few years now: no tight chest or shortness of breath either during or after walking.Is it one of the contra-indications listed?

• Posted

Hi, well, it is among many other possible side effects, for Losartan, also an ARB, see www.drugs.com

difficult breathing

shortness of breath

troubled breathing with exertion

Generally, i was told it is well tolerated, as i was put on it after terrible toubles with ACE, but some people obviously cant take many drugs, without side effects which doctors think could be too dangerous, i was finding increasing trouble with breathing and tight chest, but glad you are ok with Candesarten.

• Posted

Yes, it was on my leaflet and my GP knew of it, glad you are ok with Candesarten, for some reason my reply quoting a well known website has led it needing to be checked

• Posted

.....the possible side effects re breathing, that some might experience, are listed, on the website quoted, and are difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, and troubled breathing with exertion, but obviously many do not have these effects at all.

• Posted

Losartan was the first generation of this type, I understand, and more of a blunt instrument than the later batch - Valsartan and Candesarten. But individuals are so different. What does your doctor say about your breathing now?

• Posted

Hi, Louise, Regarding myself, it seems all so long ago, there was a thread on this forum. Candesartan was being considered , but i had gut problems, and the side effects of all ARBs include these. Also Candesartan possible side effects included chest pain/discomfort, chest tightness and shortness of breath, etc. I had other symptoms, including uti probs, and was developing skin problems. i had to stop and wait till the drug was out of my system . The nagging chest pain went, and the nagging gut problems went, over about 6 weeks or longer, and the breathing problems went fastest. i have been told not to use any ACE or ARBs again. I am medication sensitive. Glad u are ok with Candesartan.

• Posted

Thank for your reply, i have not consulted my doctor yet im still waiting for an appointment, nothing is done in a rush with grand old UK doctors surgerys. I am moving to Spain soon and hope that my breathing is a little easier, as we are going to live near the mountains so it wont be to hot. Im able to get my candersartan at the chemist in Spain.

• Posted

I think you need to work on your fitness and stay away from high sugar drinks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.