breathing still struggling :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

one more day of the steroid course, not helping at all, shortness of breath on very little exertion, feels like somebody is sitting on my chest squashing my lungs, pain in the lungs too, any advice please, like do I need a nebuliser thing?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Can you not make contact with your consultant David and ask him. 
    • Posted

My consultant is never the same person twice as I'm newly diagnosed with the bronchiectasis, the asthma has bugged me for years, and the combination of the two has taken its toll the past couple of weeks. But hoping to at least get a GP app in morning for help, thankyou Mo.
    • Posted

You have to see someone sooner rather than later breathing after all is something we cannot do without and if your GP or consultant isn't available you need to go to A&E. You never know from there you may get more satisfaction. Don't take no for an answer

• Posted

David this sounds very uncomfortable. Don't tell.us - tell your doctor asap. Tell the GP exactly what you've told us. If you can't get any help ring the hospital and ask for your consultant's secretary and tell her you need help. Or go to A&E. Pain is not good. Not to scare you honestly but a message board is no substitute for professional medical help. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

David this sounds very uncomfortable. Don't tell.us - tell your doctor asap. Tell the GP exactly what you've told us. If you can't get any help ring the hospital and ask for your consultant's secretary and tell her you need help. Or go to A&E. Pain is not good. Not to scare you honestly but a message board is no substitute for professional medical help. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thankyou Operalyn, I will do my damndest to see a GP tomorrow regarding this continued suffering, after sitting pretty much motionless for 3 hours or so my breathing has settled down somewhat, thank fully. Nebulised anti biotics would seem the recomendation on here, but guess I'll have to go with the flow. Was worried it was my heart playing up again but I had an ECG last week which only showed previous damage. Thankyou for your kind words.
  • Posted

Ask for nebulised anti biotics. Steroids suppress the effectiveness of antibiotics and if you have an infection, structural changes and damage can occur.

Not enough doctors look at and treat the infective nature of Bronchiectasis and they retreat to seeing breathing difficulties as being caused by Asthma. Hence steroids and not using stronger antibiotics to bring the infection under control.

You have to fight to get the GP's and consultants to take notice of your needs.

ive been through it all. Believe me the only way is for you to take control.

George

• Posted

George I am going to try for a GP app in morning, if I'm lucky I will get seen tomorrow although it's half day closing. And I will ask about a nebuliser and the relevant anti biotics as this continuos suffering just is'nt on, if I was a dog they would have treated me weeks ago! Thankyou
  • Posted

dave  in the meantime try  loosening the gunk by inhaling steam laced with olbus oil    ,  it works for me  and is not   a  medicine as such so no side effects    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.