breathless

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if this is another symptom of peri, every now and then I

Feel breathless,then I feel like I'm burning up, I'm not sure if the burning up is because I'm panicking a little or if it's the peri,anyone else feel like this,

Don't want to go back to the doctor as I think he thinks I'm just imagining

all this.

Thanks for reading

Xxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi timmy 

yes i had this and still do at times ..

burning up ? Do you mean a hot flush..

jay x

• Posted

Hi timmy

when i get a hot flush, i get like a feeling of heat but mines around the sides of face and down my body, just want to take clothes off .

with that i can become abit distressed, agitated, feel abit anxious and find i start hyperventilating, taking deep breaths etc.

the best thing for me is to actualy sit, and slowly inhale ( breath in ) to the count of 6 and then slowly exhale ( breathe out ) to the count of 6 .

very calming and now i do it before i sleep, it kind of lets the stress out, i tell myself thats it the stress is gone now 😃 and it relaxes me 

( sounds stupid but it works for me ) 

jay x

• Posted

Thanks Jayneejay,

I will try the breathing exercises,anything's worth trying, I've had the hot flushes a few times were I am really sweating, but I mostly burn up round my face and under my breasts,I feel I get a little breathless first and then I get hot,I guess I just start to panic a

little as I don't really know what happening to me,just like every

one else I'm totally fed up now,I have constant dizziness aswell.

Thanks for reading

(Feeling sorry for myself)

Xxx

• Posted

Hi Timmy

oh big hugs honey..

they are not nice, and can be scary if your not too sure whats happening,

I had them in early peri then they stopped for years 

then post menopause they returned, a flaming nuisance,

your not on your own hun, always try and relax, as hard as it is.

the heart can race abit too, ' palpitation ' with a hot flush not always but can happen ..its passes 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Timmy, 

i feel your pain! I'm new to this site trying to get answers!! I have trouble breathing I keep thinking iv got some serious illness like bad heart or lungs but the doctor keeps telling me it's menopause! I'm always tired with dizzy spells feeling sick & anxious with a dry mouth and shakes, it's awful hope it doesn't last for long! Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Hi spree, I've had the dizziness for a few months now, some days bad, some days not so bad, I am the same about the breathlessness, I thought it was my heart also but going on this forum always puts my mind at ease. If the breathlessness continues for a week I'm going to the doctors for a check up . I feel I'm never away just now.

Take care

• Posted

Hi timmy12

Coming to your discussion sorta answered my own queries on this, by reading replies to you!

Often feel I'm struggling for breath when I'm out on a walk. Terrible hypochondriac so convinced I had Angina at the very least! Even got an asthma inhaler from GP!!

When I get a bit wound up(every other day!) find I sorta hyperventilate. Like others I now recognise the signs and also count/breath myself down.

I don't have 'flushes'......yet!, but I know that I have an internal heat that has me stripping off in the middle of the night. My husband always says how hot I am in bed. Alas, he does only mean that literally!!

• Posted

I get breathless to be honest just thought it's due to being overweight???
    • Posted

Yep girl, you've hit the nail on the head! I'm not grotesque, but I'd look better with a some off.

I've been heavier which definitely affected my breathing.

Finally started to have some 'Me' time, doing a bit of low impact exercises at home (great power walking vids on YouTube, aimed at the likes of me. Leslie Sansone's are brilliant!)

I know there's much emphasis on walking every day but it's a great way to exercise without too much planning & effort.

Hark at me: I sound like Mrs Perfect - when in fact I'm the polar opposite at the mo! Still trying to get out of the Xmas Binge Fest I got myself in this year!! :-)

• Posted

Ha ha you and me both. I'm walking too. Couple of years ago I tried the app "couch to 5k" and was doing really well could run 5k not fast but well. Then I damaged my knee - trampolining after too much Prosecco!! Any impact activity flares my patella tendonitis up so sticking to walking. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.