breathlessness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have been diagnosed with SVT. With one hospital admission. But have been discharged from my NHS cardiologist as my SVT palpitations have been much less troublesome, shorter now and I know how to stop them now, so they do tend to stop within 20 mins.

However recently I have been feeling a bit breathless sometimes, as if I can't quite get enough oxygen, and pain in my chest, lightheaded. Doesn't feel that extreme- but should I be concerned. Doesn't seem to coincide with palpitations....

Anyone else have this? thanks..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Any chest pains radiating to your left arm? What is your heart rate during these episodes? You may be having a myocardial infarction.

• Posted

It reads as if these are new symptoms for you, Jules, and I encourage you to discuss them with your health care people. They could be significant, but if you eventually learn that they're not, you'll likely feel much better emotionally. I wish the best for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.