Breathlessness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I keep getting shortness of breath on and off.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any other symptoms? a cough? wheezing? chest pain? palpitations?

• Posted

I don't get any of those. I can go months without that symptom then, I'll get a flare up. It all started in June 2017 when I removed my bedroom carpet and cut it up and put it into bags. First two weeks were severe then it calmed down and then I'd get it once a month and then once every two months then its hardly came this year but the last few weeks it's back.

• Posted

Maybe you have allergic asthma. You could be allergic to a chemical in a cleaning product or dust mites or maybe a pet.

• Posted

What would I take to get rid of that because I didn't have it for months. All of a sudden its back.

• Posted

Try and find out what sets it off. Can dusting make it worse? Or maybe when you are using a certain cleaning product. Certain perfumes, dyes or fabrics you are around. You have to keep a note of everything you come into contact with before you get an attack. You mentioned removing a carpet set off an episode, so maybe it is dust mites. Make sure you keep everything as dust free as you can, change your sheets and wash your bedding regularly and use mattress protectors and under pillowcases and just be as clean as you can. They can live in bedding, carpets, curtains. When you are vacuuming and dusting, put a mask on. If it gets bad, try an antihistamine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.