Breathlessness from ? Alendronate or something else

Posted , 3 users are following.

At start of PMR treatment, 15mg pred,  breathing better than my usual baseline ( reactive airway disease). I never cough or wheeze like asthma just get a tight feeling and easily breathless. 

NowcI get so easily winded that my pulmonary resumed my Qvar 1 puff 2x a day. It helps but last night I woke up with a tight feeling, feeling bloated with gas, needing my inhaler. It is rare for me to need this at night. I just took my 3rd dose it alendronate Sat 70 mg and wonder if that's the reason- also my dental bite has shifted.

another wrinkle, though all my rheumatoid markers are normal a new test called Vectra-d show high rheumatoid activity. No joint pain or swelling but wonder if this is related to my lungs as suggested in scholarly literature. 

Emailed my rheumatologist to contact.

Drats! Wonder if it's LORA

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

According to websites that list possible side effects of alendronate, breathlessness is one, and is considered serious.  It's recommended that you contact your doctor right away.  It could indicate an allergic reaction.
  • Posted

Karen - I was prescribed AA and only took it for one months  I had dreadfull side effects and consulted with my GP about a Dexascan but did say I really didn't want to continue the AA so he agreed and asked me to monitor - I have not taken any since.  I used to take Qvar for ashma but after starting preds stopprd as my breathing became better (along with the blue ventaline? inhaler)   Hope his won't throw all your research?  We are all different!
    • Posted

Thanks for replies; I spoke To my rheumatological and we are stopping Alendronate. Pulmonary is having me resume Qvar 2 puffs 2x day because even giong down 1/4mg pred affects my breathing. Hopefully this will help me come down on the pills.

Rather fed up.😖

• Posted

Hope you feel better soon.  You must be feeling so frustrated.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.