BREO for COPD

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all. First off its so hard to find an active forum for copd. Secondly does anyone take BREO? I just started a few days ago and I think it may be to strong for me. I am 29 in first stage. I use my pump every now and again but am short of breath often. Thanks all.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi there is this site and also The British Lung Foundation which is also very good, and the American Lung Association.   Don't take Breo I'm afraid so can't help.  x

• Posted

How were you diagnosed with copy ? You seem to be too young ?

Did you had a PFT test ? How long did you smoked for ?

• Posted

Smoked for almost 13 years. I got chest xray. I have a pic of it somewhere with results. Doc wants me to go to pulmonary rehab but the one she recommended doesn't have IL appointments till September. So she is trying to get me appointmwnt with pulmonary doctor . O I am in America btw.
    • Posted

I am in Mississippi. It's strange that you have copd not impossible

Though. Did your doc tell you about copd after looking at your xray

Or after pft test ? Sometimes docs can mis diagnose. Have you checked

With some other doc ? How many ciggs do you used to smoke ?

I smoked for 11 years around 10 per day. I would say get a second

Opinion too. May it's something else.

• Posted

I smoked like 6 to 10 cuts a day for like 13 yrs. I g out the chest xray. And was recommended to see lung doc. I'm not a doctor I just know what she told me and what the xray says. You could be rite that I don't have it but I have shortness of breath constantly.
  • Posted

Hi there. This is a wonderful site for support. Also a facebook support group called Ultimate Pulmonary Wellness with over 800 members worldwide. Have you had the Alpha1 test yet ? I'm on Anoro Ellipta. I find when starting a new inhaler it caN take about 2 weeks to get used to. Make sure you are inhaling correctly. There are videos on You Tube.
    • Posted

Thanks. My doctor showed me how to use it and made me try it when I wasaw there lol. I just don't know if I can't haNile the heart pounding and the chest tightness. Seems like there's always side effects that do the opposite of what the meds are for. 😕
  • Posted

I found Breo Ellipt amazing at first, no symtoms, but it didnt seem to last very long only abouyt 5 weeks.  Have not found anything to help me since, even though I have tried many Inhalers since.
    • Posted

I'm sorry it didn't last. I saw something about it having a companion enhancer if it didn't work.
    • Posted

Yes, I was taking it with Ultibro, and it worked wonderfully well for awhile, but unfortuneatly they didnt last, as most of the Inhalers I have taken, dont last long, now I have a theory that it may be a Lung Fungus (Candida)  so I am starving it out with abstaining from sugar, bread all things sweet etc.

Will see how it goes.

• Posted

I am a smoker have been for over 30 yrs. For some reason I feel the doctors are wrong about copd and think lung fungus also
    • Posted

Hello Lisa,

I am not positive, but I am feeling a little better whilst being on this strict sugar and breadless diet.  Also taking a new Inhaler  called Brimica.

If you look up on the internet Lung Candida, you will see what I am talking about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.