Brick Wall

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive hit a brick wall and had enough. Tired of it all. Just want to sleep but need to look after kids and work. So so tired. Seen consultant today. He was kind but so matter of fact. God im so bloody tired.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I've had a very tiring two days working as a teacher and looking after my sick husband. Still waiting for a RA diagnosis. Actually between thyroid, arthritis pain and swelling I'm actually completely exhausted and want to stay at home and sleep. Such a dilemma. To manage life and the exhaustion. Stay strong and take time for yourself x
    • Posted

Thanku. Its harder said than done. This disease is so controlling and frustrating. X
  • Posted

I can completely sympathise with the fatigue etc sometimes for me is the worst symptom. You get soo fed up lying around but no energy to do anything about it. I've given up fighting the fatigue now, if I need to sit down and rest or have a nap then I do it. Everything will still be there when you're feeling up to it. Having an understanding family goes a long way in helping with the brick wall syndrome as u call it. Much rest to everyone.
  • Posted

Oh do I ever understand hitting a brick wall, Donna! I work for a hopsital that just did a software conversion that is totally chaotic and a complete FAIL and we're all so exhausted and stressed out. Add to that the RA that I deal with and I feel like I just want to sleep forever. The fatigue is awful. And stress is a big trigger for my RA so it's on full speed right now.

And as all of you on here know, 'our' tired is a completely different tired than the usual tired that people feel, and you can't explain it to them. It's so frustrating.

Hang in there. We're all in this boat together!

• Posted

Thanku. Im in a flair and have been since November. Just had second inj of steroids, on 15mg of prednisolone and methotrexate 15mg. Work are on my case about working full days and consultant wants me to go sick. I cant cause I will be on half pay. Just not coping with it all.

Donna

• Posted

It is caused by adrenal exhaustion and I found I had to come at my RA disease, pain and extreme fatique from this angle.
  • Posted

Ra and its traditionally prescribed treatments that doctors try, with many failing them, causing more pain, secondary conditions and body infections, really do induce adrenal exhaustion. I had to approach my RA disease from this angle.
  • Posted

If you're tired, you must sleep!

Those fatigue attacks are a killer.

I know you want to say easier said than done, but it is YOUR body and it's the only one you've got.... no spares tucked away in the closet there.

So treat it with love and reverence, and take for yourself what you need to recover...

No good struggling and fighting to keep going when you could even make things worse.

• Posted

I know just cant leave kids downstairs yet while I rest or even on sofa as they are not old enough. I will try and rest more.

Thanku x x x

• Posted

Is there anyone who can help with the kids?

Donlt be afraid to ask for support....

Take care!

• Posted

I wish. No family. Have a partner but he works 12hr shifts. We'll get by. Thanku for your support. Venting on here helps. X x
    • Posted

Gosh donna, can you possibly have them rest or nap quietly with something quiet to do, safely in their napping room, while you nap separately, maybe setting an alarm for 1 hour.. ? How old are the children?
  • Posted

I am also going through the brick wall phase, Like yourself I am also working and caring for my elderly mum, trying to find a balance is just so hard, I have had to go sick for the past 3 weeks i cannot phsyically go on, my body is in pain- I can only manage short bouts of work then the need to sleep takes over. Rest as much as possible and if you can have a refferal done through your work to see if they can assist you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.