Brief unprotected oral (licks) / STD risk?

Posted , 3 users are following.

dear all

recently had a brief unprotected oral from a sex worker who gave me licks (2-3) at the head which i stopped immediately.

its been 19 days since the incident and without symptoms, which i give thanks everyday

what are / were my risks, if any?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

just get tested lmao

• Posted

thanks for the feedback. am waiting for 2 more weeks to do a more conclusive test.

while waiting, thought to get some feedback 😃

• Posted

the chances of catching anything are low specially if u have no symptoms after 19 days the only risk would be herpes but again if sores are not present when givin oral sex the chances would be low i would wait until u develop symptoms before testing if everyone went to a clinic everytime someone licked there dick they would be over run with people

• Posted

hey Kim, thanks so much for your feedback.

i only received briefly and did not give. is there anything i should be looking out for from now?

the worker did not appear to have any sores in her mouth / discomfort.

• Posted

the only thing really i would suggest is to look out for blisters /sores i think ull be fine

• Posted

hi Kim,

is there a timeframe for this?

but generally like what you said, is not a definite to catch something and the risk is low for the brief exposure.

• Posted

the risk is quite low some people do get sores within a few weeks of exposure it can also lay dormant so might not ever get an outbreak

• Posted

hey Kim,

thanks for clarifying.

i will test for the whole lot (common stds) after 2 more weeks for peace of mind.

but is definitely great to hear is a low risk from the brief exposure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.