Bright blood in stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 43yr old male in generally good health. I have had issues of diarrhea over the last few months that comes and goes in waves. I have not had any weight loss and a healthy appetite. Over the last week or so ive had bouts of nausea. So finally I visited my gp today who has ordered a series of blood tests. However since then after going to the toilet i noticed bright blood at the beginning of my stool, obviously this has freaked me out and now i am waiting for the gp to call me. At first i thought this was IBS because ive had emergency visits to the bathroom after eating fried food.... If anyone has something similar i would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I'm sorry you are going through all this. It's extremely stressful. Your symptoms could be many things, but given the blood in the stool, I would make sure your gp orders a colonoscopy. Best of luck!

• Posted

Yes, still awaiting call from GP. Obviously worrying but from the articles I have read, bright blood and at an age where cancer is rare is more reassuring ...

Fingers crossed!!

• Posted

Jpell I agree definitely insist on a colonoscopy I'm not a doctor but I know someone with your symptoms and she was diagnosed with colitis I hope this eases your mind but no weight loss or loss of appetite is reassuring

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.