Bright red bleeding a week after period

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just turned forty-five and had abnormal period. A week later I noticed bright red blood when wiping. Now it is strong enough to require a tampon and has lasted three days so far. Is this typical of perimenopause or should I be worried and see a Dr.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry...first line should read "a normal period"

• Posted

Hi if you are in perimenopause then yes your periods can become erratic and heavy. It can be embarrassing at times. However it would be wise to see your Doctor or the Nurse at the practice to discuss. 
  • Posted

Hi Natasha, I'm 46 now and have been dealing with this sort of thing for several years now on and off.  I went to the doctor to be checked over, as all the advice is to do so if you have irregular bleeding, 'just in case'.  In my case, I was diagnosed with low progesterone and then, we it happened again last year, referred to the hospital for a scan where they found several small fibroids.  I would talk to your doctor - it's most likely just your hormones starting to play up, but best to be sure! 

• Posted

Definitely make an appt with your Dr. whenever there is bleeding in between periods. It's normal to go longer between periods but they want to know if you bleed in between.

This is the reason I had to have my hysterectomy last year.

May be nothing to worry about but you want to get it checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.