bright red blood after dihorrea now pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

On Saturday morning I had the most painful stomach cramps which came and went for about 1 hour, I then had severe dihorrea over the next few hours in went and it was just fluid, then I noticed bright red blood on the tissue and also in the bottom of the toilet. I decided that it wasn't right and went to the emergency doctor at the hospital whilst there is had to go and looked at the water and it was bright red when I was finally seen he inspected me and said I have a fissure and had to take immodium to stop the dihorrea.  The next day there was still blood on the tissue and I have had a dull ache constantly in my left stomach it feels like a stich is this normal as I am getting a little worried 

I have not been to the toilet today so don't know if there is any blood but I have had some wind and checked after and no blood 

What do you think will this heal on its own or do I need a second opinion 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!

Dihorrea generally last's anything up to four day's if longer then medical advice should be sought.However you mention the presence of blood, in which seeking advice early was the right thing to do.Did your G.P examine you? The blood could be a broken vein in the rectum, ( hemorrhoid).If your bowel's return's to normal then ok, however keep an eye on your stool's and most certainly loss of blood.Can't believe he did'nt ask for a stool sample.

• Posted

He did examine me and said that the blood was a fissure a tear he said to see if the blood clears within 7 days if not then get in touch with my gp 

I haven't been today but am paranoid that my stomach is full of blood

However I have had a lot of wind and lower abdomen pain but if it was blood inside then surely with wind I would know 

• Posted

Hi 

No sight of blood is a good thing, your somach has been through trauma, perhap's introduce something like a yoghurt, banana slowly.Your electrolytes have suffered causing an imbalance in your energy levels.Keep eating small and light.Take care!

• Posted

Thank you Susan

I have been to the toilet today and the stool was solid but it was a maroon colour and the tissue had a darker thicker red than before I have still got a dull ache in the left side and a lower back ache 

I have got an appointment with my gp at 4:50 for further investigation 

• Posted

Hi Dragontm

Good luck! be sure to get some answer's, your doing the right thing.Let us know how you get on when you are better.

• Posted

So I have been to the doctors and I have to do a stool sample as they think I may have salmonella food poisoning from the chicken tika mayonnaise roll in brought from subway on the Saturday sad if it comes back that it is how do I report them 
    • Posted

Hi

Yes as i expected a stool sample, wait and see the result's which can take up to two week's, however to have blood in yr stool should be seen as a priority.Don't wait that long get onto to them as soon as the hol's are over, sometimes if nothing show's up they will not notify you, they expect for you to contact them.Your quite within yr right's! Take thing's from.there.Happy New Year!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.