Bright Red Blood On Stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today for the first time I noticed bright red stool in my toilet and on my toilet paper. I had a bout of diarrhea when it happened and it definitely looked like there was blood on the stool. I went a couple more times and surprisingly got nothing either time that I could see, but went to the doctor anyway. The doc looked and did an occult test with one of those small pads but could not find any of the previous blood. Not a trace. It's almost like it didnt happen even though I know it did. He did say that he saw hemmies and that could be why, and honestly I hope that's it, but I'm a bit shaken up. Terrified, actually. Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi if you ate red peppers berries had spaghetti sauce chillies etc that can look like blood I've had a few scares like that too or you could have a small pile or fissure - just relax don't worry

• Posted

Ihavent eaten anything like that recently.It's just super weird to see that, and it doesnt seem to be a one time thing like I thought. I checked my stool and there were tiny red specs in it. 

• Posted

If the doctor saw haemorrhoids, this may be the cause of the bleeding.  Ask your doctor for cream or a suppository. You can also use ice to shrink them.  Monitor your toilet habits to see if bleeding happens again.  Don't worry.

• Posted

It definitely happened again, unfortunately. Tiny red specs inside the stool
    • Posted

Definitely try haemorrhoid remedies and see your doctor again if they don't heal.

• Posted

Sounds like hemorrhoids and if so early days don't strain and drink plenty of water. With IBS sadly I have found these only get more painful over time.

• Posted

I just "went" again and definitely didnt try to rush or force it out. I also panicked and of course checked the stool from the toilet. noticed small red dots in it...

• Posted

You say "dots."  Usually when a person wipes them selves after a bm ( if there is blood in the stool) it will be in streaks not dots so I'm not sure what you mean. If the blood is bright red and doc found nothing more than hemms, the call him/her and tell what you''ve been experiencing AGAIN or still.  If this continues you're going to be an emotional mess.  And we call all tell you that stress is a major trigger of IBS.  Talk to the doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.