Broke my wrist

Posted , 3 users are following.

okay so i was in a bad car accident a year and half ago or so and i broke my writs and its been a year and half so i thought i would start lifting weights again and the other side of my wrist the opposite side i broke it on is the worst pain ever like i dont even wana use my hand but i have done nothing to it at all like i haven't fell on it or lifted anything heavy besides the gym has anyone experienced this? kinda kno whats up with it i just dont wana go to the doctors and there like yea its nothing..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As well as breaking your wrists you may have sustained other injuries to tendons,nerves,blood vessels etc. You can also develop arthritis in this sort of injury quite quickly. Were you given any sort of physio exercises to build up the strength in your wrists?   Dont start lifting weights that are really heavy. Start with very light items{not necessarily weights,just ordinary items] and build up. There are quite a few sites you can find which will show you exercises and rehab for broken wrists.   If the pain continues though I'm thinking you will have to seek professional help.   I'm assuming you are not in UK?   If you are in UK,no doctor will mind giving you advice...thats what they are there for.

• Posted

No I'm in the US just it's been like 2 weeks now and no the doctor said I didn't need physical therapy witch I thought was odd but yea I'm thinkin I will just I've continued lifting weights because I don't want to loose the progress I've made in the gym already

• Posted

I broke my wrist from falling off my push bike. Go to the doctors, It's painful. I live in Plymouth Devon. I am off to see my GP. Neville. Contact me here anytime!!!!!  

• Posted

No like I broke it a year ago it healed and it's the other side that is hurting now it's getting a little better just idk what was wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.