Broke same ankle twice..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has broke same ankle same bone twice... this happened to me   feb 9 this year still in boot... oblique break fibula....   2007 same ankle same break???  suffering from depression,,,, that seems to be the worst thing for me both times....am praying that in 2 weeks I ca get this boot off.... last time I had to wear it 12 weeks... any similair stories   advice?? thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Debbie,

That is so interesting that you broke the same ankle bone in the same place just 11 years apart. What are the odds of that happening? Did your practitioner have any thing to say about this fishy coincidence?

It make me wonder if your original fracture never fully knitted in a strong and tight manner-- and being so compromised it was susceptible to a future fracture. And yes, if you have osteoporosis that would be a contributing factor too.

• Posted

Not sure,,, my ortho dr this time is very rude,,, doesnt talk much,,,, so Im not sure,,, but i know Ive always limped after my last break,,, and Im sure the osteo had something to do with it..
  • Posted

in my case the original break probably never fully healed. the cast was removed too soon, i was given the plastic boot but was painful and unconfortable.

i also had ligament surgery so couldn't exercise the joint.

the new break is worse and will take longer to heal. but now i'm in  the proper full leg plaster so the foot is very stable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.