Broke tibia fibula and talus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Broke my ankle October will be a year my foot will still not go up or down very much my tendon is also not working, my doctor told me 6 weeks off of it if it wasn’t any better another 6 weeks off it Then if it wasn’t any better I would half to have surgery if I walk on it at all it swells like crazy

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sissy,

Don’t envy you at all!! There is a brilliant group on FB you can join called “Broken ankle/foot/leg recovery - a quest for normal”, everyone there is so supportive and full of tips and advice. Many are in a similar situation to you. Highly recommend it.

I’m almost 7 months since I broke my fibula and a spiral fracture to my tibia. Developedva fracture blister and had to have a fasciotomy due to Acute Compartment Syndrome. I was in an external fixator for 5 and a half months, now fwb on crutches in a boot hopefully only until 19th October. My foot and ankle still regularly swell up if I’m on my feet for any length of time. My physio tells me to elevate (toes above nose) when I can and to ice regularly for 20 minutes at a time. He has also suggested submerging my foot into a bowl of very cold water for 15 minutes. Might be worth a try.

Will keep my fingers crossed you don’t have to have surgery x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.