Broken

Posted , 9 users are following.

Lost my job, custody of my son to parents and now being evicted with no place to go haven't drank in only two days I'm going crazy with these headaches and sweaty palms and feet any feedback will help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try and stay strong, I know it feels like your world has ended, but this WILL get better! The first step is to get your body and mind strong and well again.

It sounds like your going through withdrawals so maybe consider getting some medical help.?

What are the circumstances around your drinking? I.e. how long & how much?

You can get through this.. I have been through horrific drinking binges and horrible withdrawals so I'm speaking from experience when I say, each day you'll feel that little bit better.. it will be hard bcus you obviously have alot to face up to, but remember drinking will only make any bad situation worse. Xx

• Posted

You sound like you need to detox (diazepam or similar), do you have a GP? If it gets very bad, and it will have to be bad as they will just turn you away, A&E at an outside chance.
  • Posted

Keep on talking with us Shannon, you'll find some friends here.
  • Posted

Shannon:  I am amazed that you are not drinking.....you have to be a strong woman...it is normal to be sweating and feeling horrible when withdrawing from alcohol.

​Losing a job and your child is probably the most devestating 2 things anyone can go thru.  The only way this can get any worse, is if you go back into drinking heavily....than you an lose your life.  I know it probably feels like you have lost yourself...but you are still here.

​So because you are still here...you have a chance to regain a more "normal" life. And the bad news is...to regain your normal life...you have to go thru some time of struggle with the detox and the rebuild of your life.  BUT..your HERE and you can.

​I was almost not here anymore some weeks back..came very close to death from drinking.  I don't take that lightly anymore. 

​Are there shelters in the UK?  So in the US, if I were in your position I would be talking to my counselor and moving into a "homeless" shelter...and from there the journey of starting my life over would begin.

​Its going to take a while to prove that you are not drinking and to gain the trust of authorities to have your child back.  I only hope for you that you want to stop...because our worlds can fall in...and we still can have the desire to drink and we don't understand why...we are not bad people....we are cursed with this condition that is very powerful.  I said at one time...I would back into my own child to get a beer....if I were in withdrawal.

​I hope that your body is ready to give up the alcohol so that you can move forward with your life.  I will send prayers your way tonight...because I feel like I know what you are feeling. 

• Posted

Without knowing how much and for how long you've been drinking it's hard to ascertain your next step.

However,, I personally think you ought to get some sort of medical

advice as it sounds like you may have alcohol withdrawal .

• Posted

Hi Shannon are you able to give anymore information on how much you were drinking and when? As others have suggested it is hard to give some advice to you not knowing the extent of the problem.

Obviously judging by the consequences of your drinking you have spoke of it must be serious and I can only offer my sympathy for these harrowing circumstances.

It has been said that sometimes we need to reach rock bottom before we sort ourselves out and perhaps this is your wake up call, were you start to making positive steps to turning your life around for you and your son.

As others have suggested, medical intervention may be of assistance to you, you have two days clean but perhaps some counselling or medication from a medical professional can enable you to stay on this path of abstinence.

Hope this message finds you well.

• Posted

Hi Shannon. I really feel for you and this terrible situation you are in. Please can you let us know you are ok as we all care. You will get your son back in the future if you get well. You and some of us on this site have been where you are. You have an illness and you can get better.There are medications available now that you can look into trying that will help you. 

Take care and stay safe. Sending you lots of healing love..x

• Posted

Such a shame, I really hope you are ok. A bit worried x
  • Posted

its really sad when I see someone in such pain and then they never post again.

​Are you there shannon?

• Posted

You have to be strong, dear do not worry too much, we are hear to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.