Broken ankle, dislocated with plate and 8 screws...misshaped leg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Im 5 weeks in from surgery, the swelling has reduced but I have a large lump on the side of my leg where my scar is, is this normal and does anyone know if it will go down with time 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good Morning,

Is it an actual lump or is it your hardware? i have the same thing on my ankle and its the actual plate that sticks out a bit

• Posted

yes it is normal and it will go down some. i'm almost two years and mine is a small lump , you will notice it but there is no pain or discomfort from it...i might want to say its scar tissue. a little advice GO HARD DURING PHYSICAL THERAPY

• Posted

thank you for your responses, good to know that it isnt anything sinister. I do think it could be were the plate is, didnt notice it much when my leg was swollen.

• Posted

Dawn, I'd say NO, thats not normal! If you have hardware in your ankle, it could be causing that bump. is there any way you can email a picture of this to your doctor, so he can make an assessment? Don't let this linger

• Posted

Thank you for your response Mary. The hardware is a plate about 3 inches from my ankle, as my fibula was fractured, so the plate is not in my ankle, I'm at hospital on friday so will get it checked out 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.