Broken ankle recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I broke my ankle a few days back, and had to get surgery where they inserted 2 plates and 2 screws in it. They said they will take another look in 4-8 weeks and maybe start weight bearing, but does anyone about the recovery process with an injury like this? After starting weight bearing, around how long would it take to be fully recovered and start walking like before?

I read other posts about this on here, but they concern more severe injuries.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Aw!  Sorry to hear about your injury.  Plan on about a year for it to be completely healed.  GOOD LUCK and God Bless!!
  • Posted

It shoes that you started doing your physical activities after the surgery before the proper time and your body did not agree. We are all different.

Hope you will get soon back to normal,

iellen

• Posted

Hard to say. Depends on how complicated the fracture is and on how well/ fast your body is able to recover.

It's also possible that you're ankle will never be what it was. you might recover 95% or something but still have a weakness. But like I said We don't really know, every injury is unique

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.