Broken big toe

Posted , 3 users are following.

Missed a step, came down on toes curled under. Bleeding at nail, dark bruising on big toe, some on second toe. Painful and now foot hurts at top about r arch. Sound broken?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to say but I had something similar and have just hadn't second surgery to fix it! Sounds broken to me best to get checked out. Hope all is sorted for you!
  • Posted

So sorry. Sounds like you need medical advice. Good luck
    • Posted

Did get xray, u were right, fractured. Binding, boot, wait two weeks and repeat. Hubby thought I was nuts, but did take me to dr.I am older so bones are more fragile.
    • Posted

Thanks, dread wearing footgear, not exactly fashion forward. Meds help.
    • Posted

I KNOW exactly what you mean.  I have been in the same trainers [and the same clothes really] for five months.  I have forgotten how to dress and none of my clothes really go with these trainers.   Try Sketchers.  They are great but I do think that, for stability, trainers with laces are the order of the day
    • Posted

Does your other foot hurt too? Seems bearing more weight makes other foot hurt too.
    • Posted

When I spent the first eight weeks non-weight bearing, I used a Zimmer frame to hop around the ground floor where I also had hired a bed because I couldn't get upstairs. It would get to a point, particularly when I was cooking, that my other foot would become numb with pain and weakness and I just had to sit down. The muscles in my other leg are now absolutely enormous as I literally hopped through the first 3 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.