Broken clavicle at SC joint

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I fell on my chest 6 weeks ago, and Dr. diagnosed a sprain of my SC joint. He told me I could continue activity and even said cycling would be OK. So three weeks later, I noticed that the end of the medial clavicle where it meets the SC joint was sticking out a good bit. I was alarmed and went to an ortho surgeon who did a CT scan, which showed a 'relatively nondisplaced fracture of medial clavicle. ' Now it's 6 weeks, and if anything the bone is sticking out more. Pretty distressing since it is right below my throat.

I'm kicking myself for not just resting the bone instead of cycling etc. Still both doctors are saying the cycling didn't aggravate the injury because I never felt more pain as I rode. Absence of pain is a good sign I guess. Is that true?. If I didn't have the bulge sticking out I wouldn't know it is broken.

Has anybody dealt with a similar situation before?

Thank you. Mark

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Im going to wait to see what my doctor says -& if he says yes I can continue horseriding --it will be 2 things to take into consideration in my case -Firstly & most importantly me walking normally pre accident & then asking my instructor to see whether she is happy to continue giving me lessons

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.