broken femur

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello i have broken femur. i break her at 5th august 2017. after that i was operated and implemented plate inside my leg. after that at 9 october i break the plate and femur too at same place aftrr it i was operated with plate and now is 13th april 2018 more than 6 months of my second operation is possible to walk now? or do not be heal im 16 years old.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this. Now it's just a matter of patience. Very difficult I know. Just take things gently day by day and you will get better. Thinking of you x

julia

• Posted

When I was 68 I broke my femur and had a rod and screws put in and was told to walk from the day after the operation.  It was very painful of course but after seven months my femur was fully healed.  I was told that putting weight on the broken bone helps it to heal quicker.  I am surprised that you are asking if it's possible to walk now after six months, which surely can't be good.Have you been told not to walk by your doctor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.