Broken fib tib toes are stuck in a claw , foot extremely painful yet numb and tingly

Posted , 5 users are following.

Whut up yall ?.........my name is TJ Razo and I broke my leg on my dirtbike......fractured both fibula and tibia ........after OR-IF surgery ended up with 3 plates and 13 screws in fibula and 1 rod with 4 screws in Tibia. ........ my leg feels just fine after 7 weeks but my foot is totally numb yet it still has tingles and electric pulses dashing thru it.....today it was buzzing......i was supposed to be able to stand on both legs by now but cant even for 5 seconds..... im pretty worried.....does anybody out there have any feedback on this ....also my toes are hard to move and sometime get stuck in a claw like position.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When you decide to break something I guess you really go all out!  You don't say if you are in physical therapy but you should be and they will be the best resource to help you.  I broke my radius and ulna, not the same injury as yours but very similar bones.  My fingers would also form a claw and that is being resolved with exercises.  Also got the tingling and numbness - but not as significant as yours.  It has gradually been subsiding.  12 weeks post surgery I still have limited use and significant weight restrictions, yet I'd been at surgery that recovery would be about this long.  Still a long way to go.  Every injury is different and everyone heals differently so it's hard to compare.  Your best bet is to address you concerns with a qualified therapist.  Good luck!

• Posted

I broke tib fib on 3/13. I would say the shooting pains are your nerves telling you they're coming back to life! That's good,im still going through thatmrandom as heck. I had numbness the 1st 3 weeks,a nurse told me to lightly touch it and let my foot know that we're all still here,lol. It hurt to have anything touch it,but the more I rand just 1 finger over it several times a day,it lessened,the numbness. Now it's just numb in a small area. I was akso told right after surgery to try and wiggle my toes,that would increase blood to my calf. Im concerned about the clawing and any constant tingling for you. Call the doc, or at least talk to a nurse in his office,they may can advise you or allay some fears. I know initially,anything I felt after surgery scared the heck out of me. I have a great PT and he gives me so much info.

• Posted

Also don't rush yourself, if you can only do 3 seconds,do just that. Eventually you will hit 5 seconds, then 10,30ma minute,5 minutes,etc. It seems as tho everyobe thinks soon as you can bear full weight, walking will occur. Many vets in this say that isn't so,its still a process. Good luck and congrats on being able to stand. I'm still on 20% weight bearing on the bad ankle,which is a toe touch basically. Still in my wheelchair actually...to get around

• Posted

Hey there cryssy28... Thankyou for the advice and info on the nerve pain issue.....

I hope you feel better too.........its nice to hear from someone who knows the crap i am going thru... just started PT last week and it is going good....doc says everything is fine and thats a huge relief...... sorry your stuck in that dang wheelchair......I still use mine a bit but now I really crutches.... good exercise....👍😉....it sure is weird trying to walk huh....its funny how mu leg is busted to bits, but my foot is what hurts......🤔😁.......but ya ....that be nice to keep in touch.......broken leg buddies haha.. happy healing..😎

• Posted

Hi Razo

I was knocked down with a motorbike 56years ago and one of the injuries was a broken tibia and fibula.  I have always had a numbness in my leg.  When I walked with my rambler friends I have experienced a few accidents to this leg.

2+ years ago I had a hip replacement and since then I’ve had problems with my foot being numb and cramping continually.  I have damaged nerves in my foot and the orthopaedic surgeon says it’s from my tibula nerve.  I’m on my third private physio and all they tell me is there isn’t anything they can do for me only give me anti depressants which I don’t want.

i wish you luck in getting your problem sorted.  When I had the accident they didn’t put plates and screws I only a full leg pot that was on for 3 months.

Hope you get some satisfaction.

Brenda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.