Broken foot?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had 2 accidents about a year ago a couple of weeks apart, thought I had broken my toe on the first one and then my foot on the second but didn't do anything about it as everyone told me they can't do anything for broken toes. My foot and my toes had this horrible black bruise, on top and underneath and was swollen for a few days. I've never been able to bend my toes the same again since.

I must have done something, jar'd it maybe in the last 2 weeks as it's incredibly painful, and it literally feels like a bone is pointing down (to the soul of my foot, in the middle of the ball of my foot) and feels like I'm walking on a lump the whole time.

Does anyone know what it is? Do I go the Dr or to a walk in clinic, or just leave it as it's been so long??

Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nikki2121

I would recommend that you get your foot looked at. Depending as to what bone/s that may be broken, would depend upon the treatment. Sometimes surgery may be used to re-set the bone/s. As for your toe, also for future use tape the injured toe to the neighboring toe for support. But get your foot looked at, as it may cause more problems in the near future.

• Posted

Hi Nikki

I agree with Mark, I would get it seen to straight away at A&E. I always think it's far better to be told at the time your toe and foot are just bruised or sprained etc than leave it and discover they were actually fractured. And yes by leaving it, it will cause more problems later on.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

Gloriana

• Posted

Thank you both!!

I called the Dr this morning and am off to A&E tonight after work - that'll be fun on a Friday night!! :-(

• Posted

Please keep us informed of the outcome Nikki2121.
  • Posted

Hi again....

So I went to A&E... turns out to be a stress fracture, and bad tendinitus.... was told to take ibruprofen. 

Stayed off my foot as much as possible over the weekend but for some reason it is extra sore again today :-(

• Posted

At least you have peace of mind as to what is going on. But what might help is as you are resting your foot, do gentle circular motion's and move your foot back and forth, to keep the joint active and to stop the joint from seizing up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.