Broken foot.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys . Well i broke my in 3 spots. Can't remember what ones. But that was a week ago. The dr said to try and walk with my walking boot. Well 2 days ago my ankle right above my foot started hurting. I'm losing sleep cause it throbs off and on. Really hurts when i stretch in the morning. Im hoping i don't have ligament problem.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I broke my foot in 3 spots. Sorry not enough coffee
  • Posted

Hi Cody,

So sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I'm trying to get my head around what realy happened to you. You say you fractured your ankle in 3 places a week ago. I understand that part.

You said your physician wanted you walking in a CAM boot 2 days ago (that would be just 5 days after breaking your ankle), and now your ankle is hurting real bad.

We know that, depending on fracture location(s) and severity, bones take about 4-6 weeks (on average, your mileage may vary) to heal enough to bear some weight.

Honestly, I don't know why your doc wants you to walk on broken bones. True, a good CAM boot will provide some protection (as will a cast), but it won't provide any magic superpowers to make injured bones invulnerable.

I do hope your physician will give you more clarity and explain more about your condition so you can heal in the swiftest time with fewest complications.

• Posted

Sorry broke my foot in 3 spots. Was able to walk with little to know pain until about 2 days ago. Now all of a sudden my ankle hurts . It just throbs bad.
  • Posted

Confused as well . No way u can walk that soon. 
    • Posted

Well i was. Finally got ahold of my dr after 3 days of trying... he said i might be overwhelming it.... And should of waited longer before walking on it... even though he said to start walking when i can.. he just says it needs time and to stay off it now.... drs.. i swear
  • Posted

The bones in the foot may be broken in many ways including direct blows, crush injuries, falls and overuse or stress.

Signs and symptoms of a broken foot may include pain, limping, swelling, bruising, and refusal to bear weight on the affected foot. Initial treatment may include RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). Rest may include the use of crutches to limit weight bearing.

Treatment of foot fractures depend upon which bone is broken but many fractures are treated with a compression dressing, a stiff- soled shoe, boot, and weight bearing as tolerated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.