broken foot help ????????

Posted , 4 users are following.

so for two years now iv been dealing with cronic pain in my 5th metatarsal in my right foot for a long time i thought i was just wearing the wrong type of shoes until the pain and the swelling got so bad and wouldn't go down so i took myself to the doctor and she had some x-rays done and turns out i have a non-union fracture in my 5th metatarsal witch apparently is a fracture that has never healed witch was causing the pain she then explained the the only way to fix said fracture in through surgery so she sent in a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon. so iv been waiting around to hear from them.

my concern is that last night i rolled my ankle and heard a crack and more bad pain ran through the are in witch my right 5th metatarsal is . so my question is should i mention this to my doctor or just continue to wait for my surgeon to contact me?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iesha

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I think if the pain has got worse then definitely go back to your doctor She might not be able to do anything but you should always let them know if symptoms get worse. I hope you see a good podiatrist who will be able to help. You'll probably have to wear a boot for a while. Anyway, speak to your doctor.

Good luck!

• Posted

Report that to your doctor. It may not immediately change anything, but the doctor should know. Sorry you've had that pain for so long! I'm dealing w/ pain in that area too. On top of really bad plantar fasciitis. Radiologist says fracture, podiatrist says tendonitis. Regardless, I'm in a boot and limiting walking. It helps stabilize the foot. And I've found it very helpful to wrap that side of the foot with a lidocaine patch during the day. It numbs the area and dulls the pain. Ask your doc for a prescription for the patches. Comes in a box of 20 or so. You wear them on 12 hrs then off 12 hrs. Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.