Broken hip

Posted , 1 user is following.

I went to work fine. I work where we are physically lifting and moving every minute. About 2 hours before my shift ended I felt pain and what felt like a snap. I had been recovering from an earlier accident from 3 months earlier so I thought this was related. I went home thinking this was related and they had just started us on overtime so I thought it was related. When I woke up to get ready to go back to work I was in sever pain, couldn't walk so I went to my companies doctors. They did an x-ray and it showed I had a displaced broken hip but it was stable. They said this couldn't happen with continuing lifting. I KNOW it happened at work. I'm seeing an orthopedic in 3 days. But is it possible for me to have gotten a small stress fracture without knowing it and continued to work and it got worse? That's the only thing I can think of. I did not fall. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ugh... sorry for your pain.  What was the earlier accident?  Have you discussed the current issues with your treating doctor from the original injury??  Ugh... Talk to the first injury doctor promptly.  You should get another opinion NOT the company's doctors.  GOOD LUCK.

• Posted

The earlier incident was a lower lumbar sprain. That never fully healed before this happened. I'm going to see an orthopedic Wednesday. I believe the 2 incidents could be related but I know the fracture happened at work. I felt a snap and I couldn't have worked 12 hours on a broken hip. They say you have to fall for this to happen. Ok then WHY didn't I need surgery? You almost have to have surgery after a fall. They are just trying to get out of this and I'm not going to let them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.