Broken knuckle given the all clear?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Roughly 4 weeks ago now I was involved in a fight and several punches were exchanged, the following morning I woke up with a VERY swollen knuckle on my 5th finger of my left hand. I waited a week before going to the doctor who told me he's sure it's broken but first I need an X-ray before anything can be done. So I go and get the X-ray and have just received my results today and they have told me my hand is fine with no bone abnormalities?! I can actually see the knuckle which is still painful about 3/4 of an inch further down my hand than it used to be and I cannot believe that everything is okay as they say. Can somebody please advise me on what to do next, thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Because you had xray later it would be clearer, so it would seem its not broken, swelling will take a while to go down and in future years you will probably get arthritis in it.

Maybe next time you will think twice and remember you only get one body in this life and if you treat it bad when your young it will treat you bad when your older, sorry I'm sure you didn't want to hear that but doing a mummy on you.

Ice in a bowl of water it will help swelling go down,

Try not to use it to much till it back to near normal.

• Posted

There is no swelling now , just s knuckle in the wrong place and pain whenever I try and used the hand for anything. Surely I would have thought it could be rebroken by a professional and put back into its correct place?
  • Posted

Try for a second "medical" opinion and an explanation of why the knuckle is out of place and so painful.  Any treatment???

• Posted

Do you think it may be possible that your knuckle could be out of place ? Whether one would think so or not out of place does hurt and can make it feel like it's broken. I think you should ask why your knuckle is where it is and not where it's supposed to be. Ask that question and see what they do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.