broken leg

Posted , 2 users are following.

been out of my fulll leg nwb cast for 2 weeks today, getting a lot more flexiblity in ankle and knee,

but still very swollen when I'm not resting, is this normal?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It does seem very normal I had broken ankle in external fixation for four months then cast for a month I still get swelling and pain now six months on how r u doing now
    • Posted

hi, thanks for yiur comments, not sure I like the idea of this going on for another 6 months!!!! lol   the ankle swelling has gone down considerably but the knee although not quite as sweollen is still extremely tight and very painful when I do the excersices I've been given, know Ive got to go through the pain threshold but it really is quite bad, can't do all 10 movements in one gom have to do several lots of 2 or 3, hope it still has the same outome.  just can't wait till I'm back to normal, managing on 1 crutch now, been out of the cast just 5 weeks, having hydrotherapy etc so on my way I hope, got a cruise booked for 3rd Oct, really hope to be reasonably mobile by then, if not will just have to sit and soak up the sun with a glass of wine!!   xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.