Broken Pelvis and recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 46 year old male, and in late December of 2018, I had a trip and fall accident in my garage, my points of impact were right knee, right hip, right elbow, right side of head. I have been off work since then and now am having complications in the right knee, I am continuing to have weakness and sharp pains in my inner and outer thigh, and the knee is very unstable, inflamation in my knee was extremely severe, and my range of motion is limited. I have had a cortisone shot in the hip and the knee, which helped a little, but not much progress. I have had MRI's performed to my hip no nerve damage, including the lower back, and will be having one performed on my right knee today. My right leg is good for a few minutes once I wake up, but after I start moving around on it, the pain just starts to work its way back, I am still having difficulty with full ranges of motion, and too much, and I have to shut down for the day. I have already been made aware that there was severe injury to the muscles and tendons in the inner and outer thigh, and have been somewhat seditary to aid in healing. It just seems that this injury is taking forever to heal, and though I am making progress it seems that it is very delayed and slow. I have come a long way from the fall in December, but still seems like I have a long way to go. I guess my question is what could possibly be going on? My doctor is running out of options, and it just seems that this is taking forever for me to get back into the swing of things. It would be better if they found nerve damage, or tears, or something so at least we can find a root of the continued symptoms, but nothing, just pain and weakness. I was in physical therapy, but that has been discontinued until we can get more answers.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hope that the MRI on your right knee will answer your questions. It's always been upsetting to me to fully follow all medical guidance and not heal as quickly as I would like. Do your doctors and physical therapists agree to hold off on the PT?Good luck in your quest for complete recovery. I know that it takes TIME.

• Posted

yes, physical therapy is on hold until I see the doctor tomorrow afternoon, there was no spinal injury, so that went in my favor, this knee just has me confused.

• Posted

By severe injury to tendons etc... what do you mean? And you broke your pelvis too?

• Posted

I broke the actabulem (SP) in two places, literally all the muscle and tendons connecting that to my knee were stretched and bruised severly. What is worse, is that I walked with two breaks in the pelvis for 6 days, three of which were on the job, were I averaged 5 miles a day on different terrains carrying heavy equipment. It was not until on the 6th day that the pain was so severe that I had another x-ray performed and the break was obvious, I went through ER the day of the accident (6 days prior) and they said it was only bruised, so I went with that and tried to go about my regular routine, only to "work through the pain", so the extensive walking and heavy lifting on the job, only made matters worse. No surgery though, but a lot of tissue damage occured as a result because the muscles and tendons were under so much strain due to the break and use afterwards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.