broken spectacles

Posted , 2 users are following.

i need my spectacles to see i am a painter and decorator and also drive to work

as i have broken my spectacles i wont be able to go to work who will i get a sick note from ie   dr or optician also dont have a spare pare

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tony, are you in the UK?  You can take a certain number of 'uncertificated sick' days, which means that you tell your work that you are unwell but don't have to provide a certificate until you have been off for a certain number of days.

You could go to somewhere like Specsavers & they will make up simple prescriptions quite quickly & relatively inexpensively.  They also usually have offers on of 2 pairs for the price of one or similar.

There used to be some opticians who would make up specs in an hour, I don't know whether they still exist.

You need a spare pair, I always keep my old specs in case I break my current ones [I always have 2 pairs at a time anyway]

Good luck Tony

• Posted

yes have appointment on thursday with specsavers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.