Broken Tib/Fib post Op HELP

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys! I'm 20 years old and quite worried about my broken tib/fib, On Feb 8th 2019 i completely broke both my Tib/fib skiing, i had surgery the same day i did the accident they inserted a 35cm rod and a screw at the top of my fib and one near my ankle to keep the rod in place, at 6 weeks post op and I was given the all clear to put 100% weight bearing on my leg, I'm now in my 7-8 weeks post op, however it is extremely painful on my knee when i put any weight on it at all it seems to swell up when i overuse it (even know I'm not putting much weight on it at all) ,even with hydrotherapy it hurts my knee in the pool.I can completely bend my knee with no pain when I'm sitting and putting no weight on the leg and the movement in my ankle is really good and doesn't give me pain, the only issue i have is when i start putting any weight on my leg its unbearable, I've started PT and he's given my exercises to complete but no one can seem to tell me when and if the pain in my knee is ever going to go away, I'm worried i won't be able to walk again without pain in the future (the pain is enough to stop me walking full stop i have to use crutches).I understand its early in recovery time but it doesn't seem to be getting any better if not i feel its getting worse. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or has anyone experienced the same thing, i cant find anything on the internet and my surgeon is very vague and doesn't really know??any help would be much appreciated. 🙂image

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.