Broken toe

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone,

its been a while since I posted!

a quick one really, I broke my little toe back in June stubbing it on a box, obviously I know the doctors don't do anything for toes so i saw the pharmacist strapped it to the other toe and left it to heal. its been about 16 weeks since the break and while it doesn't cause me too many problems it clearly hasn't healed properly its still painful at times and still swollen around the bottom and if i run my finger over it, it dips in the middle. when compared to my opposite toe it does not look the same. i contacted my GP about it last week and just felt i was not taken seriously she simply said (on a telephone consultation without actually seeing my toe) that i should just ice it and elevate it or strap it i explained that i did all this when it was originally broken and that my issue is that its now 16 weeks since the original break but she really wasn't interested and basically fobbed me off. has anyone any advice of what to do next.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.