Broken toes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Broke all 5 toes on left foot when weight fell on it. Anybody in this forum ever experience that. Info on your surgery & recovery.

Weezer

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Weezer. Cold amd nasty up here today calling for up to a foot of snow here overnight broke down and bought a new pair of sneakers and it really makes a difference in how I walk. Achillies still painful but not as bad. I'm gonna eat my pride and wear my boot when it really hurts instead of being pig headed and trying to fight through it lol. Hope all is well with you. Continued healing amd keep fighting. Talk to ya later

• Posted

Hi Weezer. Jusr wake to let u know that you were so right about the compression stockin . Woke up his mornin to 2 feet plus of snow and had to shovel my wife out. Ankle was killing me after looked around and found a ckmpression stocking from when I had my knee replaced. Sure has made a difference in how my ankle feels. Thanks so much for the heads up. Hope all is well. Continued healing keep pushing.
    • Posted

Oh my goodness elwood! 2 feet of snow! That's crazy! Hope u had a snow blower! Or short driveway! Happy to hear the compression stocking is helping you. I asked if I could not wear mine & pt said no! I so want to be out of pain & progress further than what I am! Sometimes I get sad & teary eyed because I don't feel the progress going faster. Its hard, but I have to accept slow progress. I love a good snowstorm! Hope you're enjoying the beauty of the snow from inside a warm home, with hot soup & sitting next to a burning fireplace. Continued healing. Talk soon . love to see a snow picture.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. I would like to send you pics of the snow but I'm not very tech savy I'm a pipefitter. Love the Compression stocking what a difference. Continued healing keep pushing you will get there you seem very comitted and I have confidence in ya

• Posted

I have removed the email address as we do not publish these. It is not a good idea to post details like this in open forums. If you want to exchange contact details use the Private Message (PM) service. You can upload images directly to this site. See links below for info on PMs and Image upload.

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398390-why-can-t-i-use-formatting-or-add-an-image-to-my-p

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Oh elwood, that's ok! Unless u do Facebook. My recently deceased brother was a pipefitter for lakehurst navel air station. That's a great skill. Our forum buddy Mary 4013 didnt even do pt. She just went into shoe & is doing great, so nice to hear! Everybody's story & healing is different. I'm upright with cane, stocking & ankle brace. That will have to do for now. Where in N.Y. r u from again? We're going to nj for thanksgiving. Hope you have a very nice thanksgiving with your family. Continued healing & keep in touch.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer Hope all is well with your healing process. I have had

Some trouble with my Achilles. I was up to walking a mile a day

But the Achilles kept getting worse and worse so I went back in my

Boot for a week. Have been stretching it a lot and the other day I

Walked for a little over a half mile with my cane and had no pain

At all first time ever maybe I was pushing it too much. But thats

How I am. I'm sure the cold weather here didn't help it lol. I had to

Get a new notebook my old one have it up. Continued healing

• Posted

Hi Elwood,

good to hear from you. Oh man, you pushed to much, but happy the boot brought you some relief. That Achilles is a tyff one. Always in use for everything u do. Dammed if u exercise it, & dammed if u dont! My ankle hurts in brace & shoes. Don't know if it's the shoes . maybe a new pair with good cushioning might help. I use cane , brace, compression stocking all day & do My housework, pt, run errands,shop etc. & at ebd if day, both my feet hurt. Cry in pain! See doc tomorrow. Hate my pt people!! There just there to talk to each other. Might as well be invisible! Quick massage after all my hard work & no goodbyes..,a...holes!! Can't wait to stop wasting my money on them! Guess my pain puts me a bad mood. Can't stand this part of the healing process! Hurts more than the surgery sad hope we both have better healing days ahead of us. Stupid LG. Phone isn't working to good these days either. On a good note my daughter is home for holidays from grad school in el Paso. Happy to see her.

Take care

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. Sorry to here you are having trouble also I have never

Had good luck with pt people either I don't think they really care

Just a pay check the best pt I ever had was the ones that cane to my

House I bought a new pair of sneakers and it made a big difference

I'm being lazy today lol. glad your daughter is home for the holidays

Hope you guys have a great holiday season the best gift for me

Would be no more pain lol. It is improving though I hope u get rid

Of the pain also. Take care

• Posted

Hey Elwood, thanks for hearing me vent, let u know what doc says about ankle. Think new shoes r a good idea. Going to my previous foot doc for new shoes. Today I put my furry crocs on. Only thing that feels somewhat good. Taking it easy too! Not I the miid to Christmas shop. How much snow u got u there,

Have a good holiday & hopefully our Christmas wish for a good foot day happens!

Weezer ttyl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.