Broken upper arm

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey,

In June 2018 i broke my upper arm in two places. i was in a cast for about 2 and half weeks and then in brace and in august i was able to come out of brace and sling and start physio , which that was going great but i saw my consultant surgeon at the end of october and my xray showed possbile bone growth had stopped or is stopping so i had a CT scan.

I saw my consultant surgeon last thursday for my CT scan results,

So my results showed there is bone healing but the bones are moving which means the bone which is growing is just breaking away so I’ve been told this won’t heal without an operation.

He told me that it’s major operation- why is this?

Will I be back in a full cast after?

will i be in sling?

How long to recover?

What was pain like after operation? How long did you stay in hosptail?

will they put cast and sling on whilst im asleep?

what will i wake up to?

how long does a nerve block last for?

Please can people share there experiences please.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.